Sunday, November 28, 2010

DO IT ANYWAY



One of my friends was asked to prepare a power point presentation for a leadership programme.  Though it was asked at the last moment, still he tried his best putting up all of his resources and prepared the programme.  When the day arrived his presentation was not part of the programme and was ignored.  He was very much upset and dejected.  Sharing this to me he said that he will never do anything for that person again.

We all might have undergone such moments in our life.  And it is very painful when we put all our effort, energy, time and talent and when we see that it was not recognized and accepted we become discouraged and the immediate decision that we take is ‘I will not do it’.  When I experienced the same moment of desperation I too took the same decision that ‘I will not do it’.  But then I remembered a text message which I received few days before, which I deleted, run like this ‘DO IT ANYWAY’.  Now I wanted to know about that quote, ‘DO IT ANYWAY’.  And found out that it was Mother Teresa who said it.  And that passage made a very big impact on me.  And I decided to ‘DO IT ANYWAY’.  I hope you also want to know about it.  Here is it.  No matters whether you are understood accepted or recognized or not, just ‘DO IT ANYWAY’.

People are often unreasonable, illogical, 
And self-centered; 
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you 
Of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
False friends and some true enemies; 
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank; 
People may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, 
someone could destroy overnight; 
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, 
they may be jealous; 
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, 
people will often forget tomorrow; 
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, 
and it may never be enough; 
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis 
it is between you and God 
It was never between you and them anyway.


Poem by Mother Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment